Spotlight Spice: Greek Seasoning
This week we're shining the spotlight on our Greek Seasoning. This savory blend of herbs and spices highlights earthy, herbaceous flavors common in Mediterranean cuisine, along with distinctly Greek additions of marjoram and peppermint, creating a unique and versatile spice mixture you will be reaching for again and again.
It’s uses are nearly endless, but here are a few ways we recommend getting started with Greek Seasoning:
- Use as a dry rub for meat and fish. We recommend starting with 1-2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend per pound of meat.
- Sprinkle on vegetables, pasta salads, and even hummus for an extra punch of Greek flavor.
- Add to an extra virgin olive oil like our Family Reserve Picual or Arbequina along with a pinch of salt for a perfect bread dipper.
- Combine with olive oil, Red Wine Vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper for a delicious vinaigrette. We enjoy it on a salad of mixed greens, kalamata olives, and feta cheese crumbles.
- Combine with Greek yogurt and lemon juice to create a tasty dip for fresh veggies.
This blend is salt-free, which makes it perfect for reduced sodium diets.
Do you have a favorite way to use our Greek Seasoning? Share it with us in the comments.